Deadline: Wednesday July 3, 2013
About the films:
The short, humorous, no-budget style of amateur film-making is inspired by the Michael Gondry movie Be Kind Rewind. Like the video store clerks in the film, we invite you to remake Hollywood movies by featuring your neighbors and creating your own homemade special effects.
1. Must be based on an already produced film
2. Range 2-8 minutes in length
3. Must not contain computer generated graphics
4. Based on films less than 35 years old
5. Special effects must be limited to camera tricks and arts ’n crafts
6. Sound effects created by human means
How to submit:
The review process will take place online; fill out the form on the Submission Form page to send us info about your film. Include a link to your online video (can be on a public site like YouTube or your own private server). Make sure to include the name of the film you are remaking, your film title (if different), creation date, and your name along with any additional credit information.
Tentative Festival Info:
Friday, July 26
University of Mary Washington Department of Art and Art History